It’s not the best part of dog shows but it’s definately in the top 5: SHOPPING. If it’s dog related, SOME dog show vendor will probably carry it. So here’s the list of what made it’s way home with us from the Rose City Classic
- A pair of undies for Lizzie for when she’s in season (Black with metallic multi-colored butterflies. Much cooler than the ruffly kind they have at the pet supply store.)
- A pink camo hoodie for Lizzie (because she was REALLY cold in the wind- she’s hitting that hairless 5 month old stage) and it makes her look like a little thug. AWWW. I thought about buying her one of the ‘blanket’ style coats that aren’t so cutesy, but they were $20 more than the cheapy sweatshirt that she really doesn’t need down here- but will make a cute costume.
- A dumbbell (properly sized- she CAN steal, carry and retrieve Malcolm’s, but it’s the size of her body and she really needs a properly sized one) This one is still a TINY bit big but by the time she’s grown, it shouldn’t be.
- “Competitive Obedience For Small Dogs” by Barbara Cecil (and someone else) – recommended by Pom person and obedience judge on Front & Finish, Barbara McClausky (whose black and tan UDX Pom made me fall in love with spitz and competitive obedience in a single show)
- A pink plushie sheep (actually, Lizzie stole this- it was on the floor having fallen out of a bin and she picked it up while I was paying for the dumbbell and tried to carry it off. So it had to come along too.)
- A purple and black faux-fleece braided tug
- (Not for Lizzie) a new martingale collar for Malcolm, my smooth collie. It’s black with silver-and-blue pirate emblems (skull and crossbones) on it. It’s VERY dashing. (I also picked up martingales for my friends Lindsay (for her new service dog in training, a dalmatian named Caden) and Martha (whose greyhound Nike is Mal’s best dogpark buddy. Martha’s other dog is a papillon named Monarch who is Lizzie’s dogpark boyfriend.) Caden’s is red with off-white Celtic griffins on it and Nike’s is dark green with tan tribal patterns on it.
- Purple show slip-lead for Lizzie
- Pink Pirate collar and leash for Lizzie – okay, so she already had two collars, a solid purple one and a magnta, tan, and rose one- but this one was TOO cute to pass up. It’s pink, with a dog skull w/ eyepatch and crossed bones. Pink is definately her color. (And I am not normally a pink person.)
- Pink leash for Emily’s dog Traum. (Traum is a boy but he’s kind of feminine. So I bought this leash for her because she was hemming and hawing ovr buying it for herself. It’s hot pink and in black cutesy letters says “One of us is a bitch!”- totally made us giggle. They also had one that said “One of us has no balls!” and “One of us loves big sticks!”)
- Chews – I bought a couple of different kinds of chews for the dogs to work on while they hung out at the booth
I think that’s everything… 😛 I also bought an ungodly amount of Starbucks while I was there. 🙂